The Mission of the National Association of Tax Consultants
The mission of the National Association of Tax Consultants is to:
- Provide a conduit of communication between its members and the Internal Revenue Service
- Have a voice in the development of the national licensing of the tax preparer professional
- Inspire preparers of individual income tax returns, business entity tax forms and fiduciary tax forms to expand their vision of professional service to the consumer, and
- Support state and local organizations in the development of a national professional standard.
The Code of Ethics of the National Association of Tax Consultants
Each member shall conduct himself according to the highest standard by:
- Obeying all laws governing the practice of tax preparation as regulated by the legislative bodies of the member's state and the federal government;
- Maintaining the highest standards of honesty, integrity and confidentiality in all relationships with clients, keeping as the utmost concerns the client's best interest;
- Treating statutory educational requirements as the minimum, while maintaining current knowledge in all areas of a member's practice;
- Extending professional courtesies to all colleagues in the tax preparation field while maintaining respect for a colleague's practice and area of specialty; and
- Working to further the goals of the National Association of Tax Consultants by setting the example for professional standards and working to improve education throughout the tax profession.
- Further, each NATC member understands that if enjoined from practice or convicted of a felony, membership in NATC will be suspended, pending review of the proper NATC committee.